The man The voice The guitar

Messenger

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Messenger

Post by Mr_Blues »

Hello all fans of Chris Rea

I just wonder, do you folks use MSN Messenger? It would be nice to talk with you about music etc. sometimes. Why don´t we share our Messenger nicknames and start talking??? :)

I started this topic so here´s my nickname Mr_Blues23@hotmail.com

feel free to come talk with me anytime :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: messenger

Post by Zgred »

Hmmmm... you know, but you are already at the place where you can discuss about things more or less related to music? I understand it would appear naturally when there would be over hundred (maybe half of it, who knows) active members and you'll start to getting difficulties in reading all the new posts :D
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Zgred wrote:Hmmmm... you know, but you are already at the place where you can discuss about things more or less related to music? I understand it would appear naturally when there would be over hundred (maybe half of it, who knows) active members and you'll start to getting difficulties in reading all the new posts :D
Yeah but the thing is that we could talk on real time, like in chat room. Don´t get me wrong, this forum is a great thing, but you never know when some people is going to answer to it.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Of course I know the advantages of real-time talking! I am also using it, it's just not the Messenger and probably it's not compatible with it.
There were many long nights spent discussing really hot :) usually political or religious stuff are the best fuel for........:mrgreen:

What comes from my experience is that when people are getting to know each other really good, direct communication between them evolves naturally. It is greatly boosted by meeting them in real life, you just know who are you talking to. I would say that here on forum we all are rather new, let the time does it work... I'd say also that when we (generally speaking "we") meet at the Chris' concert, for example, the change would be instant. Well it's also ironic that I refer to the LAST Chris' tour............ :?
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:Yeah but the thing is that we could talk on real time, like in chat room. Don´t get me wrong, this forum is a great thing, but you never know when some people is going to answer to it.
... I had a talk with another member about this subject. I am thinking about putting up a chat function to the forum... if only had that time :( :(

If that should work, we could perhaps make an appointment for once a week (or twice a week, or once every two weeks, or...) to chat for 1 or 2 hours with as many people as want to participate... is this an idea ?!?
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote: ... I had a talk with another member about this subject. I am thinking about putting up a chat function to the forum... if only had that time :( :(

If that should work, we could perhaps make an appointment for once a week (or twice a week, or once every two weeks, or...) to chat for 1 or 2 hours with as many people as want to participate... is this an idea ?!?
This sounds great thing to me. I hope you get the time to work with it :)
But anyway, I´m in when this thing is about to happen :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

chat

Post by Zgred »

If you really want to, actually we can make a trial on some already accesiible chat rooms, at one of popular portals :?:
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: chat

Post by Bart »

I have been working on the idea of a chatroom yesterday all day, without success (the forum was even down some time :( ) I want to work on the idea again this weekend...

Zgred wrote:If you really want to, actually we can make a trial on some already accesiible chat rooms, at one of popular portals :?:
Yes, that would be a possibility, but that means that anybody can log in, and the discussions will be about anything. Then it will be very hard to follow the ongoing discussion about Chris/music/... Or is there a possibility to open a new chatroom, just for one subject on these portals you refer to ? I normally never chat, so I don;t know ... :oops: :oops: (all my online time goes into the site :wink: :wink: )

What I am trying to do, is to implement a chat function into the forum, so only registered forum-users can log into the chat (and you don't have to retype your existing username/password), but I don;t know if I can manage to do so... Also I have downloaded "firefox" yesterday, so I'll try to look at the problems with that browser... If anybody has some tips for me ... (Is there perhaps a program that signals conflicts in various browsers, like Frontpage 2003 does for Internet Explorer ??).
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote: Also I have downloaded "firefox" yesterday, so I'll try to look at the problems with that browser... If anybody has some tips for me ... (Is there perhaps a program that signals conflicts in various browsers, like Frontpage 2003 does for Internet Explorer ??).
Actually I don´t about that. I use frontpage. I just do the page and check it with the Firefox does it work or not.

About the chatroom, I think it would be the best if it would be here at http://www.chrisrea.nl and not in some other site. And of course only registered persons could chat with it. No any fools who comes to mess in chatroom talking just trash....
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

bjongen wrote:What I am trying to do, is to implement a chat function into the forum, so only registered forum-users can log into the chat (and you don't have to retype your existing username/password), but I don;t know if I can manage to do so...
My opinion is that if you can already put a chat here but we will have to log again, then it's no need to wait since you'll work this out, hey don't tell me it's that hard to write some characters once more.