The man The voice The guitar

Symphony Hall, Birmingham, England

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
TescoGirl33
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Symphony Hall, Birmingham, England

Post by TescoGirl33 »

Hi all,

I went on a public tour of Symphony Hall in Birmingham today, which was not only very interesting, but I also got to see 'behind the scenes' there too. It sure is a beautiful venue for most any event, and what really made my day was the fact that we got to visit one of the dressing rooms. Imagine my delight when I asked which dressing room Chris Rea had when he appeared at Symphony Hall in March and was told 'This one' and that he actually sat on the two-seater sofa which had been behind me, and did I want to sit on it too? :D What a feeling I had, knowing I was in the room HE'D been in! Wow! It may not sound much to any of you, but it sure made me feel soooo good. :D I even stood on the stage where he'd performed that night I went to see him, although it looked a bit different from then, as they had it all set up for the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra's concert this evening which is also being recorded by the BBC. When we were shown the loading bay where the artists arrive in their chauffer-driven cars, and where the vehicles carrying all the gig equipment unloads, the BBC van or whatever they call it, was parked on our left. So, it was quite an exciting and interesting visit I had today. Just thought I'd like to share it with you all.

TescoGirl33
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Re: Symphony Hall, Birmingham, England

Post by mark hughes »

Great to hear you had a great day :) I hope you tried the acoustics out on the stage with an impromptu performance.
...In this garden I will burn my callous robes...